4 Tasty Breakfast Recipes
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 6 minutes
Optavia Counts: 1 lean/ 1 green/ 1 healthy fat/ 4 condiments
- 1 cup kale
- ⅛ tsps. ground turmeric
- ⅛ tsps. red pepper flakes
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsps. water
- 2 tsps. olive oil
- Black Pepper
1. Grind the peppercorns.
2. Cut the kale and remove the ribs.
3. Combine the eggs, water, salt, pepper, turmeric, and red pepper flakes in a bowl and whisk until frothy.
4. Heat the oil in a skillet over a medium flame.
5. Include the egg mixture and blend by stirring.
6. Immediately lower the heat to medium-low, then stir constantly for 1 to 2 minutes of cooking.
7. Add the kale and simmer, stirring often, for 3 to 4 minutes.
8. Turn off the heat then serve right away.
Calories: 314 kcal; Protein: 18.8 g; Fat: 23.91 g; Carbs: 5.27 g.
Cheesy Flax and Hemp Seeds Muffins
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Optavia Counts: 1 lean/ 1 green/ 3 healthy fats/ 6 condiments
- ¼ cup cottage cheese, low-fat
- ¼ cup raw hemp seeds
- ¼ cup almond meal
- ⅛ cup flax seeds meal
- ¼ tsps. baking powder
- 3 eggs
- ⅛ cup nutritional yeast flakes
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup scallion
- 1 tbsps. olive oil
1. Turn on the oven, then adjust the temperature to 360°F and let it warm up.
2. In the meantime, take two ramekins, oil them, and keep them away until needed.
3. Place almond meal, hemp seeds, and flax seeds in a medium bowl. Salt and baking powder are next added and combined.
4. In a another bowl, crack eggs. Cheese, parmesan, and yeast should all be added. This mixture should be thoroughly blended before being thoroughly integrated into the almond meal mixture.
5. Scallions should be thinly sliced. After folding them in, divide the batter among the ramekins that have been prepared, and bake the ramekins for 30 minutes, or until the muffins are firm and the tops are attractively browned.
6. Remove the muffins from the ramekins after they are finished baking and allow them to cool completely on a wire rack.
7. To prepare meals in advance, wrap each muffin in a paper towel and store them in the fridge for up to 34 days.
8. Microwave the muffins till hot before serving when you’re ready to eat them.
Calories: 179 kcal; Protein: 15.4 g; Fat: 10.9 g; Carbs: 6.9 g.
Cheddar Broccoli Bread
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
Optavia Counts: 1 lean/ 1 green/ 2 healthy fats/ 3 condiments
- ¼ cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar
- 3 cups of small broccoli florets
- 1 tsps. cayenne pepper
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsps. black pepper
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- Salt, to taste
1. Set the oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a bowl that can be used in the microwave, combine the broccoli with 2 tablespoons of water. Microwave on high for 4 minutes.
3. Remove the broccoli and rinse it.
4. In the meantime, combine eggs, almond milk, salt, cayenne pepper, and black pepper in a big bowl. a good beat
5. Place the broccoli in the bottom of a greased baking dish and top with cheese.
6. Top the broccoli and cheese with the egg mixture, and bake for about 45 minutes.
7. Remove, cut, and serve. Serve with tea, if you please. For an even better flavor, try using mozzarella cheese as a variation.
Calories: 653; Fat: 36.9 g; Sat Fat: 2.2 g; Carbs: 24 g; Fiber: 9.2 g; Sugar: 0.5 g; Protein: 57.2 g.
Pomegranate, Nuts and Chia
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Optavia Counts: 0 lean/ 0 green/ 5 healthy fats/ 2 condiments
- ¼ cup hazelnuts
- ¼ cup walnuts
- ½ cup almond milk
- 4 tbsps. chia seeds
- 4 tbsps. pomegranate seeds
- 1 tsps. agave syrup
- Lime juice
1. Slice the nuts very thin.
2. Combine the chia seeds and almond milk.
3. Allow the ingredients to soak for 10 to 20 minutes.
4. Occasionally whisk the chia seed mixture.
5. Add the agave syrup and stir.
6. Fill a dessert glass with 2 tablespoons of each mixture.
7. Arrange the sliced nuts on top.
8. Add 1 tablespoon of the chia mass to each of the nuts.
9. Top everything off with the pomegranate seeds and serve.
Calories: 248 kcal; Protein: 1 g; Fat: 19 g; Carbs: 7 g.